BugShot Firefly June 9-13th 2021!!!
1) See and photograph the synchronous fireflies on private property in a small group
2) Your participation allows us to donate $3000 to Discover Life in America!!!
3) Dismalites or bioluminescent gnats (only other place in the world to see bioluminescent gnats is in New Zealand)
4) Over 8 different bioluminescent insect species
5) Time to photograph these species during the day
6) Learn how to post process bioluminescent photographs
• Workshop is limited to 12 participants.
• Workshop begins at 1 PM Wednesday, June 9th, 2021 and concludes Saturday PM to early morning on Sunday, June 13th at noon Aug. 13th, 2021
• Workshop is based out of the Fish House Cabin. This cabin is located just miles from the private property that backs up to the Great Smokey Mountains National Park and has the second largest population of synchronous fireflies behind the Elkmont population in the park. We have been given access to this private property for this 5-day workshop! The upside is we will not have hundreds of other people to compete with like we would at the National Park. We will be the only ones photographing fireflies on this private property which means you will have your own isolated patch of light free area to figure out the best composition and techniques for photographing the fireflies.
We will be wearing masks when we are indoors for lectures. We will be following CDC regulations for COVID.
Equipment in low light
Composition at night
Working with live insects
Different ways to photograph fireflies
Field sessions in forest, meadow, and aquatic habitats every night!
And much More!
Events kick off with a Wednesday (June 9th) 1 PM we will go over and prepare how to photograph the species we will see. through noon on Sunday (May 13th). Registration covers participation in all workshop events, lunch and dinner meals. We will have 4 rooms available for rent at the Fish Cabin, everyone else will be responsible for their own housing.
BugShot FireFly = $1295
Housing is not included BUT we will have 4 rooms in the Fish House available for an additional fee.
Fish House housing with instructors (4 available) = $600/person (includes continental breakfast)
Participants who purchase a room in the Fish House will have their own room in the Fish House. If you are a couple and would like to share a room please email me, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cancellation policy is as follows:
• 6 weeks prior to event: 100% refund minus $50 cancellation fee
• 4 weeks prior to event: 50% refund minus $50 cancellation fee
• no refunds after May 23rd, 2021
For more in formation on BugShot Firefly click here.