BugShot Ecuador Aug. 17th-24th, 2019
• Workshop is limited to 20 participants
• Workshop begins Saturday, Aug 17th, 2019 and concludes Saturday Aug. 24th, 2019.
• Workshop is based out of El Septimo paraiso in the cloud forest of Mindo, Ecuador. The orchid and plant biodiversity in Mindo is well known, and with all that plant diversity comes all sorts of great insect diversity. The lepidoptera diversity often stands out with the 88 butterflies found on the road from Quito to Mindo. If you have enough energy after all the bug hunting the bird diversity is also top notch. All in all Ecuador will be an amazing BugShot!
Instructors: Piotr Naskrecki, Jena Johnson, Alex Wild and John Abbott Jen Guyton will also be joining us for the first time!
(Please note: changes in instructors may be necessary depending on workshop enrollment)
$3900 (double occupancy)
$3200 No housing (make arrangements to stay on your own or with family at El Septimo, PLEASE email email@example.com to do this.)
Macro & microphotography equipment
Lighting & flash
Working with live insects
Special techniques: focus stacking, high-speed flash
Field sessions will explore a variety of habitats
Photo sharing, critique and more!
Event kicks off with a Saturday evening (Aug 17th) with an arrival and hotel near the Quito airport. Sunday we will travel to Mindo, get settled and start photographing bugs. Bug photography will continue through Saturday morning (Aug 24th) and then we will head back to the airport late morning.
Venue: Septimo Paraiso is a Country Hotel, located at just one hour from Quito, Ecuador; 2 km from the ‘Y’ of Mindo, towards the village.
The Lodge has 23 rooms with private bathrooms, hot water (from our own water spring) and it is decorated in an vintage elegant country style. The hotel is situated in the upper Mindo Valley, surrounded by exotic and lavish cloud forest and offers an extraordinary experience of the amazing biodiversity of the area.
Septimo Paraiso is a 100% ecological country hotel, we are firm believers that recycling must be done. For more information please click on the link below.
Price includes: All scheduled course activities, lodging, meals, and transportation to/from the airport in Quito, Ecuador to Mindo. It DOES include the hotel near the Quito airport and transportation to and from airport.
Price does not include: drinks/snacks from the bar, laundry service, tours taken during the unscheduled day and anything else not listed as part of the formal workshop.
If you wish to bring a non-participating friend or spouse, they are welcome to stay at the lodge during the course pending availability. Contact Kendra (firstname.lastname@example.org) for details.
To get back to the workshop information click here.
Registration by mail: Offline registrations are welcome! Contact Kendra (email@example.com) ASAP to reserve your place manually and arrange alternate payment.
Cancellation policy is as follows:
– prior to Feb 1st, 2019: 100% refund minus $300 cancellation fee
– after Feb 1st, 2019: 50% refund minus $300 cancellation fee
– no refunds after March 1st, 2019
If you have any questions you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org