BugShot California May 9-12th 2019!!!
• Workshop is limited to 32 participants
• Workshop begins at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, May 9th, 2019 and concludes Sunday at 1:00 p.m. May 12th, 2019
• Workshop is based out of Steele/Burnand Anza-Borrego Desert Research Center. It is housed in a former country club, is located adjacent to the park in the town of Borrego Springs. The Anza-Borrego Desert State Park is adjacent to the research station and has 932 plant taxa including a number of species unusual in California, such as the elephant tree more typical of Baja California. Late winter and early spring bring spectacular wildflower blooms and throngs of visitors. 331 bird species such as greater roadrunners and golden eagles are on the park checklist. Reptiles and amphibians include over 60 different species such as chuckwallas, desert iguanas, and the red diamond rattlesnake. The 60 species of mammals range from kit foxes and mule deer to the majority of the endangered desert bighorn sheep remaining in California. The workshop will not take place in the State Park but it is an example of some of the diversity you may encounter.
Join professional photographers Alex Wild, Thomas Shahan, and John Abbott for a 4-day workshop exploring arthropod photography at Steele/Burnand Anza-Borrego Desert Research Center!
Topics may include:
Macro & microphotography equipment
Lighting & flash
Working with live insects
Special techniques: focus-stacking, high-speed flash
Field sessions in forest, meadow, and aquatic habitats
Evening photo-sharing presentations
Events kick off with a Thursday (May 9th) evening welcome and will continue through mid-day on Sunday (May 12th). Registration covers participation in all workshop events, meals, and lodging at Steele/Burnand Anza-Borrego Desert Research Center.
All participants will be 6 to a room, dorm style with 3 bunk-bed in each room.
BugShot + Housing at the reserve is $895
BugShot NO housing $845
If you choose to get your own housing there are several hotels near the research center. Stanlunds Inn and Suites is a hotel that is commonly used for other events at the research center.
One student scholarships are available to cover registration fees only, you will be responsible for housing. More information if you click here. Or you can contact email@example.com for further details.
Cancellation policy is as followsCancellation policy is as follows:-
• 6 weeks prior to event: 100% refund minus $50 cancellation fee
• 4 weeks prior to event: 50% refund minus $50 cancellation fee
• no refunds after April 9th, 2019
If you have any questions you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org