BugShot Brazil Nov 13th -21st, 2020!
• Workshop is limited to 20 participants
• Workshop begins Friday, Nov. 13th, 2020 and concludes Saturday Nov. 21st, 2020.
• Workshop is based In the Cerrado Protected Area which is a UNESCO World Heritage site. The flora of the Cerrado is rich. It includes between 350 and 400 species of vascular plants per hectare, including many endemic plants. This means the insect should be amazing! The Cerrado also contains populations of large mammals, including the giant anteater, giant armadillo, maned wolf, jaguar and pampas deer, but also the rhea, the largest bird of South America. The site is also extremely important in maintaining the hydrological regime as, due to its geological features and soils, it is proving to be a key area for aquifer recharge and the alimentation of several watercourses that supply power to the Amazon basin and the Pantanal, in the basin of La Plata.
We will start in Emas National Park to see the bioluminescent termite mounds (the time of year was picked specifically so we can catch this amazing phenomenon). On the 17th of Nov. we will then move to the Pantanal which is one of the worlds largest freshwater wetland ecosystems.
(Please note: changes in instructors may be necessary depending on workshop enrollment)
$4900 (double occupancy)
There is limited space on this trip because we will be occupying entire lodges at times so we will not be able to have family or friends tag along, sorry!
Real (pl-reais) is the currency, I would make sure to have some real on hand because internet may be unreliable for credit card readers that far from the city.
Topics may include:
Macro & microphotography equipment
Lighting & flash
Working with live insects
Special techniques: focus stacking, high-speed flash
Field sessions will explore a variety of habitats
Photo sharing, critique and more!
Event kicks off Friday, Nov. 13th, 2020 you will be picked up at the airport in Campo Grande (CGR) before noon and we will drive directly to Hotel Victor near Emas National Park (5 hour drive). On Nov. 17th we will head to the Pantanal to explore a different area of the Cerrado and then be back for departing flights on Nov. 21st out of Campo Grande airport (CGR).
Price includes: All scheduled course activities, lodging, meals, and transportation to/from the airport in Campo Grande (CGR.
Price does NOT include: drinks/snacks from the bar, laundry service, tours taken during the unscheduled day and anything else not listed as part of the formal workshop.
Registration online click here.
Registration by mail: Offline registrations are welcome! Contact Kendra (email@example.com) ASAP to reserve your place manually and arrange alternate payment.
Cancellation policy is as follows:
– prior to June 1st, 2020: 100% refund minus $300 cancellation fee
– after June 1st, 2020: 50% refund minus $300 cancellation fee
– no refunds after Oct 1st, 2020
If you have any questions you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org