BugShot Alabama Aug 9-12th 2018!!!
• Workshop is limited to 35 participants
• Workshop begins at 5:00 p.m. Thursday, Aug 9th, 2018 and concludes Sunday at 1:00 p.m. Aug. 12th, 2018
• Workshop is based out of Solon Dixon Forestry Education Center. The biodiversity in Alabama is amazing! We are blown away every day how many silk moths we get at our black light each night. Black lighting will be outstanding! Southern Alabama is also a hot spot for pitcher plants. E.O. Wilson is from Mobile and has really been pushing the biodiversity of the area.
Macro & microphotography equipment
Lighting & flash
Working with live insects
Special techniques: focus-stacking, high-speed flash
Field sessions in forest, meadow, and aquatic habitats
Evening photo-sharing presentations
All participants will be double occupancy in hotel style rooms.
BugShot + Housing at the reserve is $850
Two student scholarships are available to cover registration fees only, you will be responsible for housing. More information if you click here. Or you can contact email@example.com for further details.
Cancellation policy is as follows
– 8 weeks prior to event: 100% refund
– 6 weeks prior to event: 50% refund
– No refunds if canceled within 6 weeks of event
If you have any questions you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org